'Black Swan' Author: Buffett May Just Be Lucky

Just luck?

From this CNBC article:

Nassim Taleb says there isn't enough evidence to show that Warren Buffett's skill, and not his good luck, is responsible for the billionaire's enormous investing success over the decades.

Taleb is the author who gained fame and fortune writing about 'Black Swans' and the impact of other improbable events ahead of the subprime mortgage market's collapse.


No surprise but I'm gonna take a different view.

Late last year he also said:

I Can't Believe I Live In A World Where Bernanke Could Be Reappointed

What I am seeing and hearing on the news -- the reappointment of Bernanke -- is too hard for me to bear. I cannot believe that we, in the 21st century, can accept living in such a society. I am not blaming Bernanke (he doesn't even know he doesn't understand how things work or that the tools he uses are not empirical); it is the Senators appointing him who are totally irresponsible - as if we promoted every doctor who caused malpractice.

He added...

No news, no press, no Davos, no suit-and-tie fraudsters, no fools. I need to withdraw as immediately as possible into the Platonic tranquility of my library, work on my next book, find solace in science and philosophy, and mull the next step. I will also structure trades with my Universa friends to bet on the next mistake by Bernanke, Summers, and Geithner. I will only (briefly) emerge from my hiatus when the publishers force me to do so upon the publication of the paperback edition of The Black Swan.

So not much respect for Buffett or Bernanke...to say the least!

Now that's self-confidence.

Right or wrong the self-imposed silence equals loss of entertainment.

Adam
Share on :
'Black Swan' Author: Buffett May Just Be Lucky
'Black Swan' Author: Buffett May Just Be Lucky
Reviewed by jembe
Published :
Rating : 4.5